Friday, January 16, 2009

9 pounds in 10 days

On day 1, I weighed approximately 203 pound. I struggled to get through the first dvd, chest and back, and woke up on day 2 feeling horrible. Not only was I extremely sore from the workout, but I also had all the symptoms of a cold. I was in such bad shape that I couldn’t function properly. I think the video was so intense that it sent my body into a bit shock and lowered my immune system. After some consideration I decided to wait on doing the videos until I was completely recovered.

After 4 days of rest (while sticking to the meal plan), I felt like I was ready to give it another go. I checked my weight and was pleasantly surprised to see that I was 199 (lost a few while I was sick). The workouts were all Xtremely challenging, and every day I woke up sore in a new place that I hadn’t felt soreness in for a long time. On day 10, I woke up and weighed myself at 194! I couldn’t believe it. I had lost 9 pounds in 10 days!

Now I’m more motivated than ever. I’m already almost half way to my weight loss goal of 20 pounds, and at this rate I can probably get down to 180 or lower (my ideal weight). Also, the workouts are getting easier to recover from. I’m not so sore the next day that I can’t move, but I am nowhere near being able to keep up with Tony and the one-legged guy on the video.

Bottom line is that I still have a long way to go, but now the goal is in sight, and there is no wondering whether p90x can work for me. My only question now is how far I can go with p90x.

No comments:

Post a Comment